Zithromax is a bacteriostatic antibiotic that is actively used in clinical practice for the treatment of infectious diseases. Today, it is one of the most frequently used drugs, including in the treatment of current infections, such as pneumonia in COVID-19.
Using Zithromax, you can relieve symptoms and defeat the majority of most infectious processes of moderate severity within 3-5 days. However, this antibiotic is not a panacea for all diseases, so it is important to read the instructions for use, developed by our medical specialists.
- Brand Name: Zithromax;
- Active Ingredient: Azithromycin;
- Manufacturer: Pfizer.
Zithromax and its drug substance Azithromycin
Zithromax is the brand name for Azithromycin. It is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that affects sensitive pathogenic microflora.
Microflora that is sensitive to Azithromycin include:
- Gram-positive pathogenic microflora, in particular most types of streptococcal infections;
- Gram-negative pathogenic microflora;
- Anaerobic organisms;
- Separate group of bacteria: causative agents of chlamydia, pneumonia, mycobacteria, causative agents of borreliosis and diseases of genitourinary infections.
The wide range of its pharmacological activity is provided by the unique molecular structure of Azithromycin.
Unlike other macrolide antibiotics, Azithromycin has a higher resistance in an acidic environment. This indicator exceeds the acid resistance of Erythromycin by 300 times. This achieves:
- Higher bioavailability of drug substances in the blood;
- Better antibacterial indicators, compared to similar drugs of the macrolide group.
Accordingly, if the doctor can choose which antibiotic to recommend to the patient, he will recommend Zithromax in most cases. Today, Zithromax is available online to most patients in all countries of the world.
Without going into details about the mechanism of pharmacological action, Zithromax acts by disrupting the processes of protein synthesis in bacterial cells. Without protein (nutrient), bacteria quickly lose their ability to reproduce, and die.
Indications for use
First of all, Zithromax works especially well in respiratory infectious diseases (pharyngitis, tonsillitis, otitis (including otitis media), scarlet fever, sinusitis, chronic and acute bronchitis, pneumonia). Since infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract are often associated with atypical pathogens, not all antibiotics can fight bacteria as effectively, as it does.
But these are not all diseases, in which you can successfully use this antibiotic. Buying Zithromax online is recommended in case of:
- Infectious skin diseases: acne, recurrent erysipelas, infected dermatoses;
- Inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system and kidneys: early stages of Lyme disease, urethritis, vaginitis, cystitis, pyelonephritis;
- Infectious complications of obstructive pulmonary disease;
- Ulcerative diseases of the genital organs;
It is possible to use Zithromax for different COVID-19 strains.
As an adjunct therapy, it can also be used in the treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori.
It helps to neutralize the activity of pathogenic microflora, thus accelerating the healing process of ulcers and erosions on the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract.
Possible ways of buying Zithromax
Now you can buy Zithromax in two ways:
- Go to the nearest drug-store with a prescription from a doctor;
- Order Zithromax online with home delivery.
The first way is classic and familiar to most people. But when you know the advantages of buying Zithromax online, you will change your habits.
A low price is one of the key factors affecting your decision to buy Zithromax online. In local drug stores, the cost of antibiotics is inflated several times. This is due to the specifics of the pharmaceutical industry: logistics, business licenses, warehouse maintenance, wages fund, marketing expenses, etc.
Online drug-stores supply Zithromax directly from the manufacturer warehouses. This way the expenses specific for local pharmacies are eliminated. You can buy Zithromax online 3-4 times cheaper than you can in a city drug store. And all this is only because the price of Zithromax is formed without huge extra charges.
Treatment regimens and dosages
Zithromax can be used both in combination antibiotic therapy and as an independent drug in the treatment of infections.
The treatment regimen depends on several factors, such as:
- Patient age;
- Patient body weight;
- Infectious agent type;
- Infection localization.
Based on these indicators, individual antibiotic therapy is selected. Zithromax\Azithromycin are most often used in the form of tablets, as they are well and fast absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, and the bioavailability of the drug substance is about 38 % at the dosage of 250 mg when taken orally.
Zithromax tablets contain 100 mg, 250 mg and 500 mg of Azithromycin.
The higher the dosage, the higher the bioavailability and blood plasma concentration of Azithromycin.
Zithromax dosage regimen in adults and children over 12 years old and weighing more than 45 kg:
- Respiratory system infections: 1 Zithromax 500 mg tablet 3 times a day for 3 days;
- Urinary tract infections: single dose of 1 g, or 1 Zithromax 500 mg tablet for 3 days;
- Skin infections: on the first day, 1 g, then 500 mg daily for 4-5 days;
- In case of antibacterial therapy for Helicobacter pylori, it is necessary to take Zithromax at a dosage of 1 g per day for 3 days.
Zithromax dosage regimen in children under 12 years old and weighing less than 45 kg:
- Regardless of the type of infection, Zithromax dosage for children is calculated by the formula: 10 mg per 1 kg of body weight. The resulting daily dose is divided into 3 parts and taken at intervals of 6-8 hours. Treatment should last for 3 days.
Treatment duration is determined based on the clinical picture and symptoms, but in most cases, the use of Azithromycin is limited to 3-5 days.
Recommendations for use
Zithromax tablets should be taken on an empty stomach, or between meals (the interval between a meal and the antibiotic intake should be 2 hours). Take each tablet with a full glass of water.
Water accelerates the passage of the tablet into the intestines, which accelerates its absorption into the blood. When taking the drug immediately after a meal, the bioavailability of Azithromycin may decrease.
Compliance with the dosing interval is extremely important for an effective treatment. If you missed the next dose of Zithromax, you should not take a double or triple dose right away. If your next scheduled dosing is at least 6 hours away, take a tablet as soon as you remember. If there are 2-3 hours left until the use of the next dose, wait until this time and continue treatment according to the schedule.
During treatment, alcohol is contraindicated. An interaction between the drug and alcohol can cause an allergic reaction and a number of other severe side effects. This is especially dangerous for patients with liver pathologies.
Otherwise, Zithromax precautions are characteristic of macrolide antibiotics and include the following:
- It is not recommended to take the drug in case of liver failure;
- In case of chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system, you should first consult with a cardiologist;
- For children and teenagers under 14 years old, the oral administration is not recommended.
An exception is made only if there are no alternative drugs in terms of effectiveness and the threat of infection is higher than the potential side effects.
Use of Zithromax during pregnancy
During pregnancy, Zithromax is usually not prescribed. Its use is advisable only in exceptional cases, when the benefit to the mother is higher than the potential risks to the fetus.
If a woman has to take Zithromax during lactation, it is necessary to switch to artificial feeding during treatment.
Possible side effects
Zithromax is well tolerated by most patients. Side effects are mild to moderate.
As for the most common side effects, you should pay attention to:
- diarrhea (5 % of cases);
- nausea and abdominal pain (3 % of cases);
- vomiting (3 % of cases);
- weakness (3 % of cases).
As a rule, side effects manifest because of either overdose or failure to follow precautions: taking the drug in case of liver pathologies, taking the medicine with alcohol, etc.
Azithromycin: interaction with other drugs
The pharmacological safety of Azithromycin mainly depends on how accurately the patient follows the instructions for use. Interaction of Zithromax with certain drugs may cause serious side effects or minimize the therapeutic effect of the antibiotic.
For this reason, before you start taking Zithromax, tell your doctor or pharmacist about all the medicines you are currently taking and find out about possible interactions:
- Antacids significantly decrease the absorption of Azithromycin in the gastrointestinal tract. As a result, its bioavailability and, consequently, its antibacterial effect reduce.
- Bacteriostatic antibiotics increase the effect of Azithromycin, and bactericidal antibiotics reduce therapeutic properties.
- Azithromycin interacts with the following drugs and increases their concentrations in blood plasma: Cycloserine, Methylprednisolone, indirect anticoagulants, Cyclosporine, Bromocriptine, Theophylline. As a result, the toxicity of these substances for the liver and kidneys increases, which can provoke side effects.
Store in a dry, dark place, out of the reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25°C.
The best offer for Zithromax online on the market
When you choose to buy Zithromax in our online pharmacy, you will quickly receive your order and be able to start treatment on time. We offer our customers a high level of service, round the clock support and low prices for Zithromax online.
You can buy Zithromax without a prescription at the first symptoms of an illness that requires the use of antibiotics. In just 2-3 clicks, you can place your order.
We provide high service quality that you will not find on other sites. Our priorities are your health and the health of your loved ones. Therefore, we make every effort to ensure that our medications help you fight against any disease.