- Brand Name: Doxycycline;
- Active Ingredient: Doxycycline;
- Manufacturer: Actavis, SunBiolab.
Drug substance Doxycycline
The active substance Doxycycline was synthesized in the 1960s. It was also used in veterinary medicine, and has since been used extensively to treat human infections.
It is a broad-spectrum antibiotic with a bacteriostatic mechanism for suppressing pathogenic microflora. Doxycycline works by disrupting the production of nutrients within cells. As a result, mature bacteria stop receiving protein and die without nutrients. New cells cannot develop and also perish.
When ingested, the bioavailability of Doxycycline reaches 90 %. It accumulates in body tissues and fluids. For this reason, the effect increases with each day of the pills use. The accumulated active substances keep blocking the activity of bacteria for some time after the end of the antibiotic therapy. So, the likelihood of the disease worsening is unlikely.
Indications for use
This antibiotic has a fairly long list of indications covering a wide range of diseases, including:
- Infectious inflammation of middle ear;
- Exacerbation of chronic bronchitis;
Doxycycline is quite effective for skin and soft tissue infections. This is a first-line antibiotic for rosacea, furunculosis and acne. It has the advantage of acting on bacteria that are actively reproduced in the sebaceous glands.
Doxycycline is effective in the treatment of urogenital infections:
Doxycycline buying options
If you ever couldn’t buy Doxycycline because you had no prescription from your doctor, we have found a solution to this problem.
Now you can buy inexpensive antibiotics from the comfort of your home, in our online pharmacy. We provide a wide range of tablets for the treatment of infections at affordable prices and without a prescription from a doctor. You can buy Doxycycline 24/7 and our courier service will deliver your order to any city in Europe.
At the moment, when buying Doxycycline in our pharmacy, you are free from plenty of inconveniences that may arise when buying antibiotics in city pharmacies.
Treatment regimens and dosages
The treatment regimen depends directly on the location of the infection and the type of pathogen. But if there is no time to wait for the results of the blood tests, the patient must comply with the following standard Doxycycline instructions:
- For the treatment of pneumonia or bronchitis, take 1 tablet of Doxycycline 100 mg 1-2 times a day, for 10 days;
- For syphilis, take 3 tablets of Doxycycline 100 mg per day, for 10 days;
- For gonorrhea, chlamydia, mycoplasmic infection, take Doxycycline 100 mg 2 times a day, for 7 days;
- For the treatment of acne and rosacea, you should take a small dose of Doxycycline 50 mg per day. Treatment is long as bacteria react very slowly to therapy. The pills are taken for 6 to 12 weeks. It is necessary that the antibiotic accumulates sufficiently in the tissues of the sebaceous glands;
- For gastrointestinal and abdominal infections, take 100 mg of Doxycycline per day, for 5-7 days.
Recommendations for use
- Take the capsules with a small amount of water (approximately 150 ml).
- It is better to take the medicine between meals. The interval between taking the drug and food must be at least 1 hour. Food reduces bioavailability of active substances in blood plasma.
- Don’t take pills with milk or grapefruit juice. This can cause gastrointestinal side effects.
You should take the drug for a period indicated in the instructions. Even if you feel better, don’t stop taking the drug earlier.
For most infectious diseases, it is enough to take Doxycycline once a day. So, take the drug at any time during the day. But if you forget to take a dose, don't take a double dose the next day.
- Doxycycline can’t be used in patients under 8 years of age because it can affect bone formation. From 8 to 14 years of age, Doxycycline is prescribed only in cases where the potential benefit is higher than the potential harm to the body. The optimal age for antibiotic use is 14 years of age and older.
- In case of severe functional disorders of the kidneys and liver, Doxycycline is not prescribed.
- Doxycycline is not used with exacerbation of gastrointestinal diseases: stomach ulcer, gastritis, esophagitis.
A blood test is needed not only to determine the pathogen. It is also necessary to determine the number of leukocytes in the blood. If their count is insufficient (meaning an existing risk of leukopenia), Doxycycline is not prescribed.
Use of Doxycycline during pregnancy
Doxycycline is not used in the treatment of infectious diseases in women during pregnancy and lactation.
If it is necessary to take the antibiotic during breastfeeding, the baby should be switched to babies formula.
Possible side effects
Damage to tooth enamel and brown staining is possible only in children under 8 years of age. In adults, this symptom is unlikely.
The most common side effects in adults are as follows:
- Decreased appetite;
Adverse symptoms manifest as a result of failure to follow the dosage regimen or hypersensitivity to Doxycycline. If you’re worried about unwanted body reactions, consult with a doctor.
Doxycycline: interaction with other drugs
Absorption of Doxycycline in the intestines can be slowed down by antacids, iron preparations, and laxatives. To prevent their interaction, you should take Doxycycline 3 hours before the intake of these drugs.
Doxycycline reduces the effectiveness of penicillins and cephalosporins.
When taking Doxycycline, the effectiveness of oral contraceptives decreases. It is necessary to use additional contraceptive measures during treatment and a week after the end of the antibiotic therapy.
If used with Methoxyflurane, acute renal failure may develop, including death.
When taking Doxycycline and retinol, intracranial pressure increases.
Store in a dark place, out of the reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25°C.
How to buy Doxycycline 100 mg online?
If you selected Doxycycline 100 mg, you can order it with delivery all over Europe. Our pharmacy offers convenient payment and delivery methods.
We guarantee the originality of all antibiotics as we deliver them directly from the manufacturer. Our primary concern is your safety and confidentiality. So, your payment details will be carefully encrypted and will not be disclosed to the third parties.
Our online pharmacy offers the best antibiotics for the treatment of any infectious diseases. So, apart from buying Doxycycline online, you will be able to find a wide range of drugs. We will be happy to help you and answer all your questions. Email us anytime.