- Brand Name: Vermox;
- Active Ingredient: Mebendazole;
- Manufacturer: Janssen Pharms.
Vermox and its drug substance Mebendazole
Vermox is also known by the name of its active substance, Mebendazole. The drug is available in the form of tablets intended for oral intake.
Known effects of Mebendazole:
- It provides a destructive effect over the intracellular structures of worms;
- It interferes with the production of energy necessary for the survival of the parasite;
- It completely and quickly eliminates the parasites from the body;
- It is highly active against whipworms, pinworms, roundworms (Ascaris) and some other varieties of parasitic worms.
The active ingredient is poorly absorbed in the intestine and almost does not get into the bloodstream (no more than 10% of the dose). Thanks to this unique property, the drug remains in the gastrointestinal tract, where it provides the main therapeutic effect. At the same time, Mebendazole gets into various body fluids, where it also ensures an antiparasitic effect.
Indications for use
According to its licensed indications, Vermox is prescribed to people who have contracted the following helminthic infections:
Treatment regimens and dosages
Depending on the type of disease, there are two different Vermox dosage regimens with different intervals between doses:
- One 100 mg tablet approximately every 12 hours (for example, 8 am and 8 pm);
- Taking a total daily dose of 200 mg for 3 days in a row (total of 6 doses);
- With the diagnosis of enterobiasis, the patient is prescribed a single dose of 100 mg at any time of the day.
It is important to repeat the 100 mg dose after 14 days to prevent the development of new parasites.
Recommendations for use
- During the treatment, fasting or other special procedures are not required;
- If you are giving Vermox to a child, make sure he or she swallows the tablet;
- The tablet can be taken whole or chewed;
- You can crush the tablet and mix it with food;
- Fatty foods increase the absorption of Mebendazole, but do not significantly affect the expected therapeutic effect.
Under certain conditions, parasitic infections can be easily transmitted from one person to another. If a family member has an infection, the doctor may recommend a simultaneous course of treatment for the whole family.
Do not double doses and try not to forget taking them. If you forget to take a pill and it has been up to 4 hours since you normally take it, take the dose. If more than 4 hours have passed, skip this dose and follow the recommended dosage regimen.
- Don't take this medicine if you have a hypersensitivity (allergy) reaction to Mebendazole;
- The drug is not recommended for children under 2 years of age;
- With impaired liver function, take with caution;
- To prevent re-infection, follow the hygiene rules.
Use of Vermox during pregnancy
Pregnant women and young mothers did not take part in clinical trials of Mebendazole. So, it is not known what effect this active substance has on the fetus and baby. That's why if you are trying to conceive, breastfeeding or pregnant don't take Vermox.
Possible side effects
- Abdominal distension;
- Abdominal pain;
- Skin redness.
Many body reactions may not be the result of Vermox action, but the symptoms of a helminthic infection.
Mebendazole: interaction with other drugs
- The antiepileptic drugs Cerebyx (Fosphenytoin) or Dilantin (Phenytoin) may decrease blood levels of Mebendazole;
- Mebendazole may slow down the elimination of the cancer drug Otrexup (Methotrexate) from the body;
- Combination therapy with the antibacterial drug Flagyl (Metronidazole) increases the risk of skin adverse events, so do not take them together;
- Mebendazole with alcohol can be harmful for your liver.
Store Vermox in its original packaging at a room temperature. Don't store the medicine in the bathroom and any other place where temperature and humidity may vary.
The best offer for Vermox online on the market
Order Vermox online without leaving your home and we'll take care of the rest! Just fill out the secure order form and the anthelminthic drug will be delivered to the indicated address. Usually the order is processed and delivered within 24 hours.
We offer our customers the original drug Vermox, low prices and the best service. If you have any questions please contact us by email. Customer support will answer all your questions about the drug or ordering.
When placing an order, you can choose the most convenient payment method for you such as bank transfer, VISA, MasterCard, American Express or iDEAL. You only need to pay for the order, and we will deliver Vermox to your home. Thank you for your trust!