Modvigil is one of the best legal generics of Modafinil available worldwide. It is a very effective nootropic that has passed many clinical trials. Modvigil demonstrates consistent results regarding increased brain activity, improved cognitive function and faster decision making.
The drug is also used to help people with daytime sleepiness or other forms of sleep disorders. This common problem occurs 2–3 times a week in 5 % to 20 % of the population. Sleepiness negatively impacts productivity, quality of life, and has safety implications, for example when driving a car.
- Brand Name: Modvigil;
- Active Ingredient: Modafinil;
- Manufacturer: Sun Pharma.
Modvigil and its drug substance Modafinil
Modvigil contains the active ingredient Modafinil, which belongs to a class of drugs called CNS stimulants.
The action mechanism of Modafinil is understood well, yet not completely. As a result of studies, it was determined that Modafinil easily penetrates the blood-brain barrier and interacts with several neurotransmitters, including:
- Serotonin improving mood and sleep cycles;
- Dopamine increasing alertness and energy;
- Norepinephrine speeding up reaction and protecting brain cells from damage.
Indications for use
Modvigil is used for the treatment of narcolepsy, a rare chronic condition (daytime sleepiness). The drug is effective in the treatment of mild to severe type 1 and type 2 narcolepsy.
According to numerous scientific and clinical studies, Modvigil offers powerful cognitive benefits when taken off-label. These include:
- Enhanced mental performance;
- Reduced fatigue;
- Increased attention and concentration;
- Increased productivity;
- Improved memory and agility of mind.
Although this medication is banned in professional sports, many people use it to improve their sports results.
Treatment regimens and dosages
Dosage regimen for Modvigil must first be adapted to the needs of a patient. Symptoms and/or disease severity will determine treatment options.
- 100 mg tablets;
- 200 mg tablets.
Recommended Modvigil dosage regimen for adults:
- The starting dose is 200 mg in the morning;
- Elderly patients are advised to start with a dose of 100 mg in the morning;
- If the therapeutic effect is insufficient, the dose may be increased up to 400 mg in the morning.
Daily doses can be divided into two parts: half the dose in the morning and half the dose in the afternoon. For some patients, this allows improving the treatment effectiveness or reducing the severity of side effects.
If you have a sleep disorder and a shift work, you should take one tablet 1–2 hours before the start of your shift. This will allow the drug to get into the bloodstream and have maximum effect by the start of the working shift.
Recommendations for use
What you need to know when you use Modvigil:
- Since Modvigil is usually used to improve the way one feels during the day, it should be taken in the morning or in the morning and in the afternoon;
- Currently, the maximum dose is 400 mg per day;
- The maximum dose may be reduced in patients with hepatic or renal impairment;
- The pills can be taken before or after meals, but it would be better to take them at the same time;
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water;
- Don't take more than the recommended dose.
Most people need at least an hour or so before Modvigil starts working. In about four hours, your brain will be working at very high speeds and you will be extremely concentrated and focused on what you are doing.
If you forget to take a tablet at the usual time, skip this dose and follow the standard dosage regimen unless otherwise advised by your doctor.
Don't take Modvigil, if:
- You have heart rate problems;
- You have hypertension (other than mild);
- You are allergic (type 1-4 hypersensitivity) to Modafinil.
Use of Modvigil during pregnancy
You shouldn't take the drug during pregnancy or breastfeeding. If you are already taking it and are planning to get pregnant, you should discuss this with your doctor as soon as possible.
Possible side effects
What are the side effects of Modvigil and how to deal with them:
- Headache — drink more water and/or take your usual pain killer;
- Abdominal discomfort and pain — take Modvigil after meals, avoid fatty or spicy foods;
- Dizziness or weakness — wait out this condition, do not drive a car or operate other mechanisms until you feel better;
- Skin rash or redness — consult your doctor, this may be a hypersensitivity (allergy) to Modafinil;
- Weight gain or weight loss — these side effects may or may not be helpful, adjust your diet based on your goals.
Modvigil does not usually cause significant side effects. And in most cases, it is just enough to reduce the dose and you will be fine again, ready for maximum productivity.
Modafinil: interaction with other drugs
It is known that some medicines interact with Modafinil and may interfere with how it works. If you take some medications, contraceptives, psychoactive substances, herbal supplements for medical purposes or for any other purpose, inform your doctor.
As is known, alcohol increases the risk of side effects. Don't use alcohol with this drug.
Store in a dark place out of the reach of children at a room temperature.
The best offer for Modvigil online on the market
We provide a wide range of nootropics and drugs for the treatment of narcolepsy at affordable prices and without a prescription from a doctor. At our online pharmacy you can order Modvigil, one of the best drugs containing Modafinil.
You can buy Modvigil online and your order will be delivered by courier service. We work seven days a week, and you can place an order at any time of the day. Our online pharmacy offers convenient payment and delivery methods and provides qualified assistance in buying medications.
We collaborate with large manufacturers and reliable drug suppliers, thus we can guarantee the originality of all drugs. On our website you will find a lot of quality information, including dosage guidelines and safety issues.