Modalert is a CNS stimulant (nootropic) that has unique characteristics. The drug acts on the body stimulating brain activity and helps control the cycles of wakefulness and sleep.
Modalert has a wide spectrum of pharmacological action. It has been successfully used both to improve cognitive functions and to treat various sleep disorders.
- Brand Name: Modalert;
- Active Ingredient: Modafinil;
- Manufacturer: Sun Pharma.
Modalert and its active substance Modafinil
Although many studies has been carried out, scientists are still not 100% sure of how Modafinil works.
Researchers have determined that Modafinil regulates wake-sleep cycles by increasing the duration of phase 3 (slow-wave) sleep. It also interacts with certain neurotransmitters:
- Dopamine, which promotes heightened alertness;
- Serotonin, which boosts mood and cognition functions;
- Norepinephrine, which protects brain cells and speeds up reaction time.
Indications for use
Modalert is a drug used to treat type 1 and type 2 narcolepsy (drowsiness), which can be mild to severe.
Alternative use of Modalert (off-label use):
- Facilitate falling asleep and improve sleep;
- Increase mental performance;
- Improve social adaptation;
- Reduce aggressiveness and psycho-emotional stress;
- Increase energy levels;
- Improve memory;
- Improve sports results.
Treatment regimens and dosages
Modalert comes in the form of tablets for oral use. Available dosages:
- 100 mg tablets;
- 200 mg tablets.
Standard Modalert dosage regimen for adults:
- The usual starting dose is 200 mg in the morning. The alternative dosage regimen is one dose of 100 mg in the morning and one more dose of 100 mg in the afternoon;
- If satisfactory control of drowsiness is not achieved, the dose may be increased to 200 mg twice a day or 400 mg once a day in the morning;
- The usual starting dose for patients over 65 years of age is 100 mg in the morning. The dose may be increased to 400 mg for patients with normal liver and kidney function.
Daily doses and dosage regimen of Modalert may vary depending on the intended use of the medication. Daily intake of tablets can begin with the use of a 100 mg dose. People who need an effect from time to time or who do not respond well to treatment may try starting with a dose of 200–400 mg.
Recommendations for use
Clinical studies of Modalert (Modafinil) did not include patients under the age of 18, so they are not recommended to take this medicine.
Take this drug at the correct dose and for as long as your doctor recommends.
- You can take the pills before or after meals;
- Do not chew or crush tablets before taking them;
- If you don't see any improvement after taking Modalert, consult with your doctor about changing your dosage regimen.
To get an improvement in cognitive functions, endurance or for similar purposes, it would be better to take Modalert at least 1.5 hours before a scheduled activity. Fluid intake may speed up the action onset. It is not recommended to take more than two tablets in a 24-hour period.
Avoid medication errors (doubling or missing doses). If you forget to take a tablet, take your next dose at the usual time.
Consult with your doctor or a pharmacist, if:
- You have kidney or liver disease (you may need to take a lower dose);
- You have or had any heart or vascular disease;
- You had problems with drug or alcohol addiction in the past;
- You have gotten hostile or aggressive towards other people;
- You have symptoms of depression or any behavioral changes.
Do not take this drug if you have a serious heart rhythm disorder, an allergy to Modafinil, or hypertension (moderate or severe).
Use of Modalert during pregnancy
You should not take Modafinil if you are planning to get pregnant, are pregnant or breastfeeding.
This medicine interacts with hormonal contraceptives making them less effective, which increases your chances of getting pregnant. It is very important to make sure you are using a reliable method of contraception (such as condoms or a diaphragm) while taking Modalert.
Possible side effects
Modalert may cause blurred vision or dizziness. If you experience these symptoms or find that you continue to feel sleepy, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medicine.
The list of other possible side effects includes:
- Decreased appetite;
- Decrease in white blood cells count;
- Change in mood or thinking;
- Burning or tingling sensation;
- Feeling overly happy.
Modafinil: interaction with other drugs
Certain drugs and substances may potentially interact with Modafinil. It is especially important to inform your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- Antiviral drugs for HIV treatment (protease inhibitors);
- Medications for epilepsy, depression or anxiety;
- Omeprazole (a medicine for acid reflux, stomach ulcers, or Zollinger-Ellison syndrome).
Store all medications out of the reach of children, keep Modalert tablets at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
The best offer for Modalert online on the market
We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on selling the best medicines and providing exclusive service to all our clients. On our website, buyers will find both major international brands and the best generic versions of medicines.
Order Modalert online and it will be delivered wherever it is convenient for you. Fill out the order form and we'll take care of the rest. It's simple and fast. We will provide you with the necessary medicines — this is our job.
When you buy Modalert 100 mg or 200 mg tablets, you save not only time, but also money. In the chain of pharmaceutical supply to local drug-stores there are many unscrupulous actors that prevent patients from buying affordable medicines. We cooperate only with trusted suppliers and are ready to offer the best prices.
You can buy Modalert online and get useful information about this medicine. If you have any questions, you can put them to our customer service specialists.